It’s Christmas tomorrow!!! I can’t wait for it. For the last pre-christmas Munch my Monday edition I will give you the last cookie recipe of the year. Today it will be simple and short as I have so much things to do! Gift wrapping, cleaning, working out… just to name a few things.
I only made these lovely cookies this morning and I totally have to share the recipe…
Crispy Christmas Bites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zests of 1 lemon
- 200g spelt flour
- 100g oats
- 200g icing sugar
- 150g margarine
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 splash milk (I used soy)
- 1 tsp almond flavoring
- Mix all the ingredients together until well combined
- I used my food processor to do so
- Chill the dough for at least 2h
- Pour some flour on the counter and incorporate into the dough until not sticky anymore
- Form a roll with your fingers and cut into small pieces of the desired size.
- Form little balls and press lightly on a baking rahttp://1000lovelythings.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post-new.phpck lined with parchment paper
- Bake at 180° for 12 minutes (until slightly brown) They are chewy after about 12 minutes. If you like them crunchier just extend the baking time a little
- Let them cool
- Melt some chocolate and dip them into it until half of the cookie is chocolate covered
- Let them cool on a rack for 2h
- If you love coconut as much as I do you can dipt the chocolate covered part of the cookie in some shredded coconut when the chocolate has already cooled but is not really firm yet. Delicious!
These cookies are easy and extremely yummy. Okay my dears I will hitch up my knickers now and make my apartment pretty for Christmas. So looking forward to tomorrow. My presents are already lying under the tree and my husband got me four things 😀 I am soooooo curious!
Hope you have a fantastic day! Tomorrow is Christmas finally! Hooray!