Holy Moly I can tell you that last week was one ofe these weeks! I was so extremely busy at work that the days passed by in a blurr and when I took a breath and thought that it must be lunchtime according to my screaming stomach it actually was past 3pm. That really NEVER happens to me! Due to that my lack of posts as well. Sorry about that!
Nevertheless I had a fantastic weekend and I managed to accomplish two more goals of my want-do list. I will tell you more about it tomorrow! Unfortunately this week starts were the last one ended. Extremely busy. Though it will only be a 3-day week since I will fly of to London on Thursday morning! YAY short trip 🙂 So I need to stop gushing now and go back to my Monday schedule starting with a new recipe …
Some bloggie friends asked about the recipe of my Pumpkin Lasagne I told you about on of the last WIAW posts. I am happy you liked the picture and I am also happy to share my recipe. I hope you enjoy…
Quick and Easy Bolognese Sauce:
- 200g lean ground beef
- 1 can unprocessed tomato in pieces
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp hot red bell pepper powder
- salt and pepper
- Chop the onions and sautee lightly with the oil in a frying pan until they turn translucent
- Add the beef and stir until lightly brown
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and spices and boil lightly for 5 minutes
This bolognese recipe is really easy and straight forward but that doesn’t deminish the yumminess! It takes you only about 10 minutes in total! I love recipes like that!
- leftover veggies or any veggies you like (zucchini squash, mixed bell pepper, mushrooms, tomatos)
- 1 small hokkaido pumpkin or butternut squash
- Bolognese sauce
- sliced cheese
- Slice your veggies and pumpkin and bake in the oven at 180°C until soft
- In a casserole dish layer all the ingrediens
- start with one layer of pumpkin
- now add one layer of veggies
- add a layer of bolognese sauce
- finish with a layer of cheese
- repeat until you’re done finishing with a layer of cheese
- Put in the oven for about 20 min at 180°C until the cheese is melted and develloped a slight brown crust
Nutritional Information: I’ve non for you today as that depends on amout of veggies and cheese you’re using
This recipe is one of my favorites for using up leftovers. You can make a huger batch of Bolognese sauce and enjoy it with some whole wheat pasta or spaghetti squash. I like the combo of bolognese and squash – very good! Okay good job, now I am hungry 😛 Good for me that it’s already time for meal #2.
Today I will have a lunch meeting. I hate lunch meetings because I hate to eat and talk business the same time. It always sets me under so much pressure. I believe I have excellent table manners (thanks mummy ♥) but eating at restaurants is difficult for me. Thanks to my food intolerances I have to ask and change a lot about my orders. Or I decide to skip that and just go with a plain salad. Either way I always appear weird. No problem with friends and family but with strangers let alone potential business partners it’s always a bit stressful. I usualy check the menu online and decide befor entering the restaurant but that specific one dosn’t have a menu online. Can you believe that? We’re living in the 21st century. Most probably a plain salad for me for lunch. Good luck I have an extra big afternoon snack packed! Nothing beats a good preperation when it comes to food!
Have a fanstastic Monday and see you tomorrow with a want-do list update 😀
Little Miss Fit says
Girl that looks tastttttyyyy! Yum!!
Shawn @ Fruity 'N' Nutty says
Hope you have fun In London! It’s like you read my mind, I love pumpkin & lasagne!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe. 😀