holy moly I am so sore – I can’t believe it! I haven’t been sore like that for I don’t know how long! Yesterday I first had a soccer match and in the evening my husband and I were practicing standard dancing for the wedding dress ball we’re going to attend in only two weeks time. It’s a really cute idea and I am looking forward to it immensely. It’s an opportunity for mainly newlyweds (and everyone who wants to attend as well) to wear your wedding dress for a second time. You dress up like you did for your wedding and you’ll get a 4 course dinner and dance. Sounds like fun, doesn’t it?
Sadly (believe me I am shattered) I gained some weight over the last two month. I knew it for a while and I didn’t feel good with it. But now I really was worried if my dress still fits. I tell you what: it doesn’t! Or rather: I am fitting into it but breathing isn’t an option anymore! Okay maybe this was the needed trigger for me to get back on track. I didn’t really eat badly but I slowly stopped to controll my portions especially on nuts and fruits. Doesn’t sound too bad but I definitely had too much over the last weeks! For the next two weeks I am following a strikt, controlled clean eating meal plan. Hopefully I will be okay with my dress then. After that I am going back to my usual clean meal plan but I will watch my portion sizes.
I love recipes that are easy and quick to prepare. And this one is a phantastic option when you have some veggie leftovers or particular veggies that have to go soon. Tired of making the same salads constantly? Maybe this is a nice alternative for you!
The great thing about this wrap is that you have a low-carb version plus the fun of wrapped food! You just replace your tortilla with a big green salad leaf. Tastes great and even though it’s practically a salad it’s somehow better than a plain boring old salad 😉
- a few large green salad leafs ( I prefer iceberg lettuce)
- grated carrots
- mixed bell peppers (cut in stripes)
- a few cherry tomatoes
- some cut leftover turkey breast
- a few tbsp hummus or guacamole
- Spread some hummus, guac or any other dip on the salad leaf
- Add your veggie (if it’s not enough I sometimes add other salads like lamb’s lettuce or rocket)
- Now add the meat (for a vgan alternative you can use chickpeas or black beans as well)
- Wrap it like you would do it with a tortilla
- Dig in 🙂
Things I like to add or substitute:
- mushrooms should be great as well but I can’t eat mushrooms so I am just assuming
- fruit like apple, peach or berries
- cottage cheese
- practically anything that’s small enough to fit into a wrap (though I wouldn’t add nuts because they could be to hard for the salad leaf to hold them)
When I have a salad for supper and have a lot of salad ingredients left for next day’s lunch I like to have green wraps instead of another salad. Wrapping food alters the taste somehow. I don’t know why!
Okay now I will turn to my morning coffee and work! Did I mention that it’s Monday and that I am sore and bushed? I think I did…
Anyway – have a wonderful start to the week.