Happy Monday everyone, it’s time to spice things up a little and introduce you guys to one of my favorite recipes: Chickpea Peanut Butter Rice!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I am very tired and I have a cold. I’ve been fighting it for over a week now but today it finally hit me. I had to go to work though since we had so much to finish today. If I am not better tomorrow I will take the day off sick. Since I am horribly tired I feel like this might happen anyway. Maybe a few hours of sleep will help me getting better. I am sipping gallons of tea and hope the day will pass quickly! I fear I even have to ditch soccer practice tonight! NOT COOL! I was so looking forward to it.
Since it’s Monday and I like to start my week with a clean eat I thought I’ll share this wonderful staple recipe of Chickpea Peanut Butter Rice today!
Chickpea Peanut Butter Rice
- 2 large portions
- 1 broccoli
- 1 can chick peas
- 1 cup brown rice cooked
- 2 T peanut butter
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T cashews minced
- Boil the rice but use a little more water than necessary. When the rice is done there should be a little water left in the pot. Add the peanut butter and stir well.
- Clean the broccoli, cut it into pieces and roast a little in a frying pan.
- Add ginger and soy sauce.
- Remove your pan from the oven and add the chick peas and the rice. Season with salt and pepper.
- At last add the cashews and stir well.
Nutritional Values: 440 kcal, 14,4 g fat, 46,4 g carbs, 25,6 g protein
This dish tastes the best when you prepare it in the evening and take it for lunch the next day. It’s so absolutely delicious! Somestimes I cook it three days in a row. So addicting!
This work week will be quite demanding since I have to finish a questionnaire for my research which will be released next Monday – but no pressure at all! The good thing is: If I manage to work focused for all in all three days I should be able to cope.
Have a good start to the week!