I keep on telling you that my office is very hot at the moment. No, no AC. And so is our flat! When it’s hot like that I am not very hungry at all. I tend to snack all the time on tiny bites but never crave a full meal. A great compromise between snack and meal is another of my vegn recipes: Vegan Springrolls
They are fresh, light, spicy and oh I almost forgot to say that it’s the most delicious of all my recipes! I am so addicted, we had them thrice this week already. Everytime when I finish the last one I am desperate to get my fingers on another one. And again it’s a perfect recipe for eating up leftovers.
for 4 large (yes you will need large) portions
- 3 zucchinis
- 3 bell peppers in differnt colours (I like to have 1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green)
- 6 carrots
- 2 spring onions
- balsamic vinegar
- soy sauce
- 1 tbsp bell pepper powder
- 1 tsp sambal
- salt and pepper
- rice paper
- Shred all the veggie till you have tipy veggie stripes like you would want to have for a cole slaw
- Chop the spring onion
- Mix all together in a big bowl and season with the dry spices, salt and pepper
- Now add the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce in a 1:1 ratio
- Let marinate for 1h and add some mor seasoning if necessary
- Now recant the marinade from the vegetables but make sure to keep it. It makes an excellent basis for a dip!
- Dip the rice paper in a cup of water shortly and let get a little soggy but not too much
- Now you can place the veggie on the paper and fold it carfully
- DIG IN!
Nutritional Information: 1 portion: 220 cal, 1,6g fat, 42,2g carbs, 7,9g protein
This recipe is also perfect for food prepping. You can easily prepare it and take it for lunch to work the next day. It goes grate with some salad as a side, I had mine with leftover roasted turkey or chicken or you enjoy just a bigger amount of springrolls!
Tonight we’re having a pizza BBQ. It’s the first time we try to put a pizza on the grill. One of our friends will bring a special pizza stone for the grill. I am very curious how the pizza will turn out. I am very much looking forward! I am craving spinach today and I will have a big slice of green pizza for sure.
Have a nice weekend you all!