Summertime is BBQ time! And I have to say that I really love meat. I could never be a vegetarian let alone a vegan. I just love my chicken and occasional steak too much! Nevertheless I do care where my meat comes from and so I buy it from a local organic farm.
Though I do not want to follow a vegan lifestyle I fully appreciate that there are people who do. I think they act very responsible and do a great thing to their health! But though I do eat meat on a regular basis (sometimes even too much of it) there are fabulous great vegan recipes. And I love to try new different things. So here you will find my vegan friendly recipe for a proper BBQ fun:
Mixed Beans and Sweetpotato Burger
for 6 Burger Patties
- 2 cups sweet potato
- ½ cup kidney beans
- ½ cup black beans
- 1 tbsp chia seed
- ½ cup oats
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tbsp bell pepper powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sambal
- salt and pepper
- Cook and smash the sweet potatoe
- Squash the beans with a fork till you’re satisfied with their texture. If you like your burger chunkier you shouldn’t squash too much, if you prefer a smoother texture you might even smash them. I prefer a few chunks.
- Chop the spring onion
- Mix together all the ingredients until well combined and let set for about 1h
- Add some seasoning if necessary – I usually have to add more salt and pepper
- Form 6 burger patties and lightly dust with some flour (I use chick pea flour)
- Now you can either bake them in a frying pan or put them on the grill
- They are ready when they have developed a slightly brown crust
Nutritional Information: 1 Portion (2 Patties): 420kcal, 6g fat, 71,1g carbs (with 10g from sugar), 14,7g protein
This recipe is perfect for food prepping. You can easily prepare it and take it for lunch to work the next day. I love the combination of sweetness and spices. I like mine with a salad as a side. My hubby likes to have a proper burger so that’s what his portion looked like. But definitely not vegan anymore.
As it happend we will meet up with some friends tonight for a BBQ. Here in Germany we had about 37°C (98°F) today. I feel a little light headed today so I decided to skip gym this afternoon. But now I will try to work out at least at home. I hope I will pull through! But I am looking forward to a great sweat!
Have a nice weekend you all!
I would really like to get to know you a little better so my question to you: What are your plans for tonight/ the weekend?
Leave a Reply