Just a really quick post today. I am terribly busy today and urgently need to get some stuff done.
Today I want to share with you this amazing recipe for clean eating banana bread. I got inspired by lovely Ashley (I do love her blog) but adapted her recipe for my taste buds. So it turned out quite differently. Ashley added some strawberry to her bread which makes it extra fresh and a true summer recipe. You might want to check it out here.
Clean Eating Banana Bread
about 12 slices (each about 155 kcal)
- 2 cups of oats flour
- 1,5 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 large very ripe bananas (preferably really brown ones)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain soja joghurt
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Put the oats in your food processor and pulse until they have a floury consistency (you may also use an immersion blender if you have no food processor)
- Put one banana aside and dice it
- Add all the other ingredients and mix until well combined
- Stir in the diced banana but be careful not to smash it completely.
- Pour the dough into a loaf pan lined with baking parchment
- Bake for 1 hour. If it gets too brown too quickly you might want to cover it with another piece of baking parchment for the rest of time
- Let set for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Eat, eat, eat 🙂
This bread is so good for you. And so amazing that I was literally diggin in! It’s basically like oatmeal breakfast. And it makes a lovely pre-workout snack since it gives your body the fuel needed to power!
Hope you enjoy!