today I want to show you my clean eating Falafel recipe. I love Falafel! I am a huge chick pea addict and Falafel is a wonderful yummy alternative to bring a little variety to my chick pea intake 🙂 Chick peas are a really great source of complex carbs and protein and I love the consistency. And since I love to spice up my food Falafel is the perfect munch for me: simply a great combination of chick peas and spices.
Clean Eating Falafel
- 1 can of chick peas
- 1 onion spring roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced - be careful with the garlic if you have to meet people the next day 😉
- 1/2 lemon peeled
- 2 ts cumin
- 1 tbs bell pepper powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 75 g chick pea flour or every other flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Mince the garlic, chop the spring onion and peel the lemon
- Give all the ingredients besides the olive oil and the flour into a food processor and blend until roughly chopped but well combined
- Add the flour and knead until smooth
- Form the mixture into 16 to 18 little balls and place them on a baking sheet
- Coat lightly with the olive oil and let bake about 15-20 min from each side
- A perfect Falafel is crisp and brown from the outside yet smooth and a little moist from the inside.
- Enjoy hot!
I love falafel as a salad topping or in a wrap.
Leftover Falafels can be stored in the fridge up to 4 days. You can freeze the easily as well. They get really yummy and taste almost fresh when you re-heat them in the over for a few minutes. Microwaving is also fine.
I hope you enjoy my easy-peasy Falafel recipe. It really only takesa few minutes prep time and you have a super tasty supper and enough leftovers for tomorrow’s lunch.
Have a nice evening 🙂